POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : 3D Splines : Re: 3D Splines Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:21:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D Splines
From: Josh English
Date: 1 Jan 2000 15:17:32
Message: <386E60DB.2A3EE776@spiritone.com>
You should be able to. I'm only in Calculus myself. I have a lot of Math to catch up
on. I'll forward it to you.

> > I have also written a bezier macro that makes 3d splines. It can handle joining
splines together and there is a simple trick to
> > making the timing work out. I can send it to you, but I'm afraid I haven't
finished the documentation for it.

> > msk### [at] msncom wrote:
> >
> > > Can someone tell me how to create a 3D (cubic) spline from a list of points in
it?  Specificaly, I want to be able to animate
> the
> > > camera's position in a smooth manner by giving a list of points that it should
travel through in order.  Points that are closer
> > > together should make it travel more slowly.  Does my question even make sense?
If anyone can help here, thanks in advance.